OPEN BOOK and BOARD OF REVIEW
City of Brillion property owners who have questions about the recent property assessments have an opportunity in which to research and challenge the assessor's statement.
OPEN BOOK - Tuesday, March 31st from 4 - 6pm
The Open Book session allows residents to review the 2015 assessment roll and to compare the assessment of their properties to other similar properties in the community.
After gathering the data, Brillion property owners bring their case before the assessor. The assessor will review the information for a possible change in the assessment.
These meetings are BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
BOARD OF REVIEW - Thursday, May 14th from 4 - 6pm
If an agreement cannot be reached between the property owner and assessor then the property owner can state his case before the City's Board of Review. Prior to the meeting, property owners will need to file an objection form. Additionally, an appointment is needed to have your case heard before the board.
Please contact Accurate Apprisal at 800-770-3927 to schedule these appointments or for any further questions.
Make an investment in your community– Adopt-a Flower basket! Your donation helps offset the cost of the City’s flower program. The flower program enhances the aesthetic appeal of the City. Brillion City Staff maintains 32 individual flower baskets throughout Main Street Brillion.
How Does the Program Work?
- Previous donors will be asked if they want to keep their location.
- Donors select the location and pay $50 per basket for the summer. You can start selecting your pole on December 26, 2014. The spots will be given out on a first come basis until all the spots are filled.
- Schroth Floral will plant the baskets this spring.
- The City staff will hang the baskets before Memorial Day and maintain the baskets all summer long until the end of September depending on the season.
- The City will place decorative name plaques with the donor’s information or inscription on each pole.
- Donors will also be recognized on the City’s website, Facebook page, in the City Newsletter, on each pole, and in the each pole, and in the “Brillion News”.
- To access a donor form for the hanging baskets click here: Adopt-A-Basket or contact City Hall.
- To identify pole location click here: Map of Pole Locations.